GroupwisevsIMAP
s***@uwc.ac.za
2005-05-10 09:49:12 UTC
How can mail that's crossed out in Groupwise after deleting from IMAP go
to TRASH without setting up a Rule?
Tim Heywood (NSC SYSOP)
2005-05-10 16:39:01 UTC
So the question is, you delete a message in an IMAP client, yet that
shows in the online GW client as having been deleted and therefore is
only seen in the trash folder?

When a message is deleted from any client, it is only flagged as
deleted. this will therefore place it in the trash folder. The trash
will be emptied as depending on the rules you or your administrator
has implemented on the PO or Mailbox...
Post by s***@uwc.ac.za
How can mail that's crossed out in Groupwise after deleting from IMAP go
to TRASH without setting up a Rule?
Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk
___________________

http://support.novell.com/forums/

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
Paul Lieberman
2005-05-10 19:03:25 UTC
Actually it stays in the GroupWise inbox but is displayed as
strike-through (crossed out) until you quit the IMAP client.
Paul
--
Paul Lieberman
Systems Engineer
Ashland, OR
Tim Heywood (NSC SYSOP)
2005-05-10 20:15:43 UTC
8-}

I have never seen that... so you have an open GW (online) client, and
then use some other client using IMAP, delete the message and it gets
a line through it, quit the IMAP client and the line and the message
disappear (to reappear without the line in the trash...)

I assume this is WAD (Working as Designed) but if you wish I can ask
and get the reasons as to why... My guess it is so the IMAP client
(which has no idea of the Trash folder) is able to "undelete" a
message that it has deleted earlier in the same connection.

s***@uwc.ac.za
2005-05-11 06:35:51 UTC
Groupwise is our default client but Outlook was setup using IMAP and for
some reason when you delete a message from Outlook the message displays as
strike-through in the Groupwise inbox as Paul said and doesn't end up in
TRASH. Is my only option then to setup a rule in Groupwise to have these
messages trashed?
Tim Heywood (NSC SYSOP)
2005-05-11 07:25:30 UTC
So with OL as the IMAP client, the line goes through, but when the
imap client signs out it does not more the strike throughed mail to
trash.

OK, I'll ask why this is not being resolved, it should be
automatically moved to the trash folder, but that might only happen
when the GW client is closed (including notify)

What Client version and what version of the GW agents are we talking
about here?

s***@uwc.ac.za
DZanre
2010-01-20 18:06:25 UTC
I experience the same behavior using iPhone as an IMAP client and
Groupwise 8 for Linux.
GroupWise 8 has a fix for this though - you go into the Client Options for
the Post Office in ConsoleOne and click the box that says to treat IMAP
deletes as moves (something along those lines - I'm not in front of
ConsoleOne right now).
--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner