Can we disable mail send
Massimo Rosen
2009-10-15 14:51:57 UTC
We have a requirement for some users to login to their mailbox to view
their mail but do not want them to be able to send mail anymore.
Basically they have moved to another email system within the business
but still want to view their old mail. We do not want to export or save
their mail anywhere else, but just allow them to login to their online
mailbox as is, but with the send option disabled. They will be made
aware that their mailboxes will be removed in a few months.
Is there a setting anywhere to do this either for individual users or
globally ?
You can restrict the max send size to 1kb, that should catch most if not
all attempts to send.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
http://www.cfc-it.de
DZanre
2009-10-15 22:04:17 UTC
Post by Massimo Rosen
You can restrict the max send size to 1kb, that should catch most if not
all attempts to send.
I did once find a workaround to this, but maybe I shouldn't mention it in
case this guys users are watching <g>
--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
Massimo Rosen
2009-10-16 10:50:27 UTC
Danita,
Post by DZanre
Post by Massimo Rosen
You can restrict the max send size to 1kb, that should catch most if not
all attempts to send.
I did once find a workaround to this, but maybe I shouldn't mention it in
case this guys users are watching <g>
Hehehe. Your solution is the better one anyways. ;)

CU,