Problem with relaying relayed mail
k***@kunze-stade.de
2009-11-02 17:04:08 UTC
GW6.0-SP4

From a fax-solution an incoming fax is packed as
pdf-attachement into a mail to a specific user. Since this
user has the same function as "info@" the mail gets relayed
by rule to a real user. This real user checks the fax and
depending on the content relays it as attachement to someone
else. The process is clear so far and works fine.

Now when relaying this mail with pdf-attachement this e-mail
is not attached itself, but some other old mail from the
real users mailbox. This only happens when relaying those
fax-mails. When relaying normal mails addressed to "info@"
(which also are relayed to the real user) there are no
problems at all.

Hopefully someone here can tell where to start.

Sincerely

Karl
Massimo Rosen
2009-11-02 17:40:24 UTC
Post by k***@kunze-stade.de
GW6.0-SP4
From a fax-solution an incoming fax is packed as
pdf-attachement into a mail to a specific user. Since this
by rule to a real user. This real user checks the fax and
depending on the content relays it as attachement to someone
else. The process is clear so far and works fine.
Now when relaying this mail with pdf-attachement this e-mail
is not attached itself, but some other old mail from the
real users mailbox.
Are you sure the descritpion in your first paragraph is correct, and
that it isn't in reality a shared folder that allows the "real" user to
access the fax?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
http://www.cfc-it.de
k***@kunze-stade.de
2009-11-02 20:44:54 UTC
Yep, I am sure of this. We have a separate user "faxgwise".
This users addressbook controls the delivery to all
groupwise-users by the last digits of the dialed fax-number.
The number -200 has no user, so the fax gets delivered as
mail to the "info@"-user. From there on it is a simple rule
with "relay new incoming mail to someone else". We did not
change this rule. This worked perfect for normal mails
addressed to "info@" for years, but it does not for the
mails with fax-pdf-attachement (which got activated today to
replace an old conventional fax-machine).

Still wondering. What drives me a little nervous is the
fact, that the wrong attachements are really old mails (some
years old, but not deleted!). I hope there are no
index-errors or something like that in the databases.

Sincerely

Karl
18:40:24 >>>
Hi,
http://www.cfc-it.de
k***@kunze-stade.de
2009-11-03 08:19:53 UTC
This morning when trying to relay again an error-message
pops up in german: "Fehler bei der Ausführung eines
C3PO-Befehls. Wenden Sie sich an den Systemverwalter."
Translation is: "Error with execution of an C3PO-Order. Ask
your SysAdmin". Does this this give any further insights?

Sincerely

Karl
Post by k***@kunze-stade.de
[...]
Hi,
http://www.cfc-it.de
Massimo Rosen
2009-11-03 08:30:54 UTC
Post by k***@kunze-stade.de
This morning when trying to relay again an error-message
pops up in german: "Fehler bei der Ausführung eines
C3PO-Befehls. Wenden Sie sich an den Systemverwalter."
Translation is: "Error with execution of an C3PO-Order. Ask
your SysAdmin". Does this this give any further insights?
Oh yes. That means that third party software is involved here somehow.
That makes everything even more complicated than it already is, with
such an ancient Groupwise version. :(

CU,
http://www.cfc-it.de
k***@kunze-stade.de
2009-11-03 09:55:01 UTC
The good news is, that with this "C3PO"-message now the
correct mail is grabbed as attachement. Any suggestion -
besides upgrading - on how to deal with this?

Sincerely

Karl
Post by k***@kunze-stade.de
Hi,
http://www.cfc-it.de
Massimo Rosen
2009-11-03 12:40:42 UTC
Post by k***@kunze-stade.de
The good news is, that with this "C3PO"-message now the
correct mail is grabbed as attachement. Any suggestion -
besides upgrading - on how to deal with this?
With GW6.0? I'm afraid not, sorry. It sounds like a weird bug in the
temp file handling, and as GW6.0 is unsupported for aeons... :(

CU,